European A&R Hub Senior Specialist - German Speaker H/F
Our client :
Our client is an Insurance company, world leader in its field.
Located in more than 40 countries and 5 continents across the world, they employ more than 19.000 people in the world. This company is a subsidiary of a major player in the Insurance & Financial Services.
Recruitment context :
This company is creating a European Accounting & Reporting Hub that will be focused on leading clear responsibilities and communication structures to ensure harmonization and efficiency along Accounting in the European Region
The objective is to increase the accounting quality by optimizing and harmonizing processes, creating strong interactions with local BUs and FSS (Finance Shared Services), and also giving support to those teams on Technical matters and Tools.
This implies :
- Building the Hub (as a Team) and the whole framework on Accounting & Reporting closing processes and Internal Control.
- Assuming accountability for the 6 master processes defined by the group and Ensuring a consistent resource management role for the local Bu’s. The Hub will have both, governance and execution mandate to increase accounting quality.
- Create a strong collaboration between the European Hub, the Local BUs and the FSS by promoting the underlying SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) as a key methodological enabler for the future organizational structure
In this context, we recruit a European A&R Hub Senior Specialist (H/F). This a role creation.
As a member of the A&R Hub team, the Hub Senior Specialist is in charge of the timely execution and control of all accounting processes in the region by maintaining a close and effective collaboration between the three predominant accounting locations: Local BU – Hub – FSS.
The missions :
Each Hub Senior Specialist is assigned to a selected number of BU’s in the region with the following key responsibilities:
- In charge of the monthly, quarterly and annualgroup reporting requirementsaccording to IFRS principles.
- Fulfil the treasury tasks on behalf of the BU and facilitate the collaboration with the Global Corporate Finance & Investment function.
- Oversees and supports local teams in the annual planning, timely performance and follow-up of all general accounting & tax responsibilities including the coordination of internal and external auditors.
- Keeps the overview on billing and collection activities incl. intercompany transactions that are performed locally and in the FSS; and supports BU’s in the receivable management.
- In general, perform an effective monitoring and control sign-off as to Group standards of all A&R duties & responsibilities amongst the concerned team locations.
- Acting as a functional SME in a selected range of the defined A&R master processes including the periodic review and maintenance of respective SOP’s.
- Supporting the A&R Leadership in the general steering and monitoring of financial results, risk assessments, project implementation, budget process, performance follow-up, etc...
- Facilitate knowledge transfer across the accounting community.